Although each individual’s response to trauma is unique, symptoms may include, but are not limited to: flashbacks, nightmares, physical/emotional numbness, depression or thoughts of suicide, avoiding people or places, being easily startled and on edge, dangerous behavior/self abuse, poor concentration, insomnia or fatigue, fear or anxiety, denial, lack of esteem/trust/intimacy, chronic alcohol or drug use, promiscuity/lack of desire, and feelings of guilt, anger, or shame.
The above symptoms are normal responses to traumatic events but if left unchecked can be very unhealthy and detrimental to living a purposeful life.
I help survivors/witnesses recover from different types of trauma, including:
- accidents/natural disasters
- surgeries/major illnesses
- loss and grief
- child abuse (physical, sexual, and emotional)
- sexual harassment, assault and violence
- rape/date rape
- domestic and family abuse (physical, emotional, or sexual)
- workplace harassment/aggression/violence
- aggressive/violent crime
- bullying and stalking
- interactions with harassing/aggressive/violent individuals
- combat/weapon violence
- secondary/vicarious trauma
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org call/text 604-886-1383 to book an appointment or to arrange for a free consultation.